Sunday, May 22, 2016

In Our Garden - Mid May


Happy Sunday! The kitties have really been enjoying the porch weather...



Here's what's blooming now in our garden. The cherries are still green:


So are the serviceberries:





The peonies (my absolute favorite) are almost here!


The chives are filling in:


I spent today clearing out the herb garden just outside our kitchen door, and then planting the new herbs I got (went to a lovely greenhouse with my friend - photos coming soon!).


Planted in the herb garden:
  • Cilantro
  • Curled parsley
  • Dill
  • Italian large leaf basil
  • Mojito mint
  • Lavender ('Munstead')
  • 2 Arugula plants 
Already in the herb garden, back from last year:
  • Another type of mint
  • Thyme


Also planted some fruits and veggies in pots. We're planning on building raised beds this summer, but don't know that it will happen in time to plant much besides garlic in them, so for now at least we have these pots going...


Planted in the pots:

  • 2 'Hansel' eggplants (1 per pot)
  • JalapeƱo
  • Super chili
  • Yellow bell (sweet) pepper
  • Carolina Gold tomatoes
  • Husky Cherry Red tomatoes


Sunday dinner at my parents' house as usual...


And a few shots of my mom's garden. She is the most talented gardener I know, and her yard is always lovely:






xo,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!