Hello, and happy 2014! I cannot believe that it has been close to a year and a half since the last time I blogged here. I will be back to explain that absence soon - it involves starting two(!) of my own businesses - but in the meantime I wanted to share this simple craft project with you.
Make your own book of goals for 2014! You will need:
- a sketchbook
- kraft paper
- paper cutter (optional)
- washi tape
- eraser (not shown)
- Trace the cover of your sketchbook.
- Cut around your tracing.
- Cut exactly on your line with a paper cutter (if you're not using one, skip this step and just cut carefully with scissors).
- Adhere the paper to the cover of your sketchbook.
5. Draw your design and words, first with pencil, then trace with your pen.
6. Add tabs with washi tape. I have four categories that I wanted to use, so I counted the pages equally and cut four long strips of washi tape. I folded each piece of washi tape in half, around the first page in each section.
7. Label your tabs, and the inside pages if you'd like to. I divided my goals into four categories: home, bookstore, photography, and personal.
8. Start listing your goals!
The first goal that I wrote down under "Personal" is to blog more here. That should be easy - with this post I've already blogged more than I did in 2013! ;)
I love having my goals written out like this, especially for the bigger things. I can get bogged down in the day-to-day to-do lists, and not make enough time for some of the other things I want to accomplish. Having those goals written down makes me more likely to spend time on them. I made this book on Sunday, and have already started on a number of my "Home" goals!
Do you have new year's goals or resolutions? How do you keep track of them?
All photos taken with my iPhone and edited with A Beautiful Mess App.