Sunday, May 8, 2016

In Our Garden - May 8th

Pennant by The Bees Knees Shoppe.

Happy Mother's Day! We had a wonderful, relaxing day. Spent the morning and early afternoon with my guy's parents. Went out for brunch to The Craftsman in Minneapolis, and it was deeeelicious! Can't wait to go back. Then we all went to their house for awhile.


We had dinner and spent the evening with my parents at their house and grilled. It was the perfect, gorgeous day for that.

In between we spent a little time at home, worked in the yard a bit, and mowed for the first time this season.


In our garden, the lilacs are going strong!



Here's the state of the cherry tree and serviceberry tree. The blossoms are gone, and the fruits aren't quite here yet!



The thyme is growing back in our herb garden, and the chives are filling in nicely.




With so many lilacs, we knew we had to incorporate them into our Mother's Day gifts.



This past summer I went to Arkansas for a weekend of Canning at Freckled Hen Farm with Natalie. While we were there, Megan led us in such a great craft - what I made that weekend is the jar in the background above, on the left below.


The one next to it is what my guy and I made this weekend. We made two of them, one for each of our moms. We used the smaller jars since the wood we had was narrower. My guy saved the wood from flooring he pulled up at work (it was just going to get tossed in a dumpster!). The leather around the jar is a belt I thrifted from Goodwill. I've been keeping my eyes open for good belts while thrifting ever since we made these with Megan last summer.



On the back of the wood we nailed a hook for hanging it up.



And of course we filled the jars with lilacs. Our moms loved them!


Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
xo,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!