Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Warm Welcome...

...to the newest members of the Kittens' household (and they're not even cats!). These little cuties have actually been with us for awhile, but I have yet to introduce them to you. And so I present to you:


Abby the rat. She came to live with our family from the classroom I was teaching in at the end of the year (one of several class pets).

Next up is Bailey the rabbit. One day in early spring, I looked out my window into my yard and I thought to myself, 'What a cute bunny.' Then I did a double take as I realized the bunny looked like this:

That's not a wild rabbit! I went out and caught the cute little guy, and posted signs around my neighborhood. No one claimed him, so now he's mine!

And finally, my fish, who was also a classroom pet. Unfortunately, he died recently - but I just had to include him anyway.

You may be wondering how the cats feel about the newest members of our family. Well, I'll let you in on a secret: I believe that the term 'scaredy cat' actually originated with my kitties. They tend to shy away if Bailey or Abby are out and about. Not exactly hunters, but I prefer it that way!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh you're brave. Somehow I can handle a dwarf hamster, but a rat is one step too far for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bunny! i love his colours, and he seems really well groomed with his little coat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katherine

    Thanks for visiting my blog and entering the giveaway, hope you will visit again soon.

    best wishes

    Edwina

    ps. Love the pets, very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!