Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Quick and Easy Dinner

Now that school is starting up here (kids go back next week, but teachers are already back this week), I thought I would share one of my favorite work-night dinners. Really, it's great any time. But it's so fast and so good that it's perfect when you want a delicious dinner but are too tired to do anything about it.


The recipe, yet again, is from this book. The first time I made this, I substituted things I already had for things Nigella called for in the recipe. She says use naan, I had pita. She calls for marinated mushrooms, I had marinated artichoke hearts. She recommends fontina, I had mozzarella. Luckily, the fresh thyme in the recipe is growing in abundance in my garden, so if I make this during the right season I have plenty of that. Add in the pizza sauce (and I love sliced olives, too), and you're all set. The brilliant thing about this recipe is that you can just use whatever you prefer on pizzas. And since they are individual pizzas, each person can have something different - great if you have picky eaters!

These pizzas take maybe 10 minutes to put together, and they cook up in 5 minutes in a 425 degree oven.  I always make enough that there will be leftovers to take in to school for our lunches.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by on my blog earlier!
    I can really use some of those easy ideas...like you, I've started work yesterday again maaaaany weeks off, and I definitely need some comforting food like that. Nice idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!