Saturday, August 22, 2009

This Time Last Year

A baby shower! She's turning one now, so I thought I'd share some photos of the shower my mom and I put together.


A close-up of the invitation I made...with cupcakes to match it!



And more cupcakes.

Cause you can really never have enough cupcakes, now can you?

Her parents are Italian, but are living here in Minnesota for now, so I made her a little onesie to remind her of where she was born:

I traced my MN cookie cutter onto fabric, then appliquéd it onto the onesie.

Among the games played, we did a matching game where you had to match up the name of a mama animal in English with the baby name in Italian (ex. 'dog' and 'cucciolo' or 'cat' and 'gattino').

Another matching game: every guest brought a photo, and we had to guess who each baby photo belonged to.

Everyone had their name on a paper diaper:

The mom-to-be selected names throughout the shower, and when your name was called you had to tell a story about you as a child or about your own children (the good, the bad, and the funny!).

Happy birthday, Baby S!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!