Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Party

For Halloween, I had some good friends over for a little dinner party. I was ready with decorations, which went up mid-October:


That cute "boo" banner is handmade in the US, and I got it from a local, independent gift store called Bibelot.

I found the pumpkin in the above picture (plus two more like it) at an antique store. They are from the '50s and made in the US. [And more about my little Max in another post...]


The maker of the crow above and the bats below will be featured soon on a "Friday Favorites" post!




The table was set with festive purple, green, and orange:

For an appetizer I made a version of the 'crazy gremolata' recipe from Nigella Express...

...and served it with a warm baguette:

Dinner was carrot soup, from the recipe of a good family friend:

Our friends brought some wine to share (which looks very Halloween-y in my green goblets!) and we made mulled wine as well (it was perfect for the cold night).

For dessert, I made 'candy corn freeze' from Halloween Tricks and Treats.

It's hard to see with the night lighting, but it is layers of yellow, orange, and white ice cream, topped with orange non-pareils.


And last but not least, my costume:

I dressed as Rogue (from the X-Men).

2 comments:

  1. Your home decoration is absolutely lovely - love the spider web in your plant!
    How was your gremolata? I'm a big fan of Nigella's...maybe it's time to re-open her Christmas book already - something to think about soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!