Saturday, June 7, 2008

One Local Summer


I discovered a blog online that was doing a challenge called 'One Local Summer,' and I just love the idea. Each week, you cook at least one meal using only local ingredients. Then you post about it in your blog. I thought this was great, and am very excited about participating! I didn't make it to the Farmer's Market last weekend, so I may have to stock up this weekend. But I found some local food at our co-op, and made a delicious brunch on Wednesday. Bacon, scrambled eggs, and toast with raspberry jam, all from right around here. Yum!

What I really enjoy is how much this gets me thinking about where my food is coming from. I'm paying a lot more attention to how far something has traveled before it comes to rest in my shopping basket...

3 comments:

  1. Your bacon looks lovely and crispy and nothing like the prepacked supermarket stuff we get here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that food looks GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!