First of all, I would just like to thank all of you who responded to my last post. Reading your comments has been very helpful, so I appreciate that you took the time to help me out. I will respond to each of you individually, as well, but I just wanted to put that out there now in case I don't get to it right away.
Flowers for you...just because:
Secondly, I've been tagged! The lovely G over at Doe-C-Doe tagged me, and this is historic as it is my first tag. There may come a day - who knows? - when I will not appreciate a tag, but as of right now I find it all very exciting.
So, I need to list seven random things about myself. I have to admit, I've read the lists on other blogs and thought about what I myself would put down, but now that the time has actually come I can't seem to think of anything. We'll see what I can come up with:
1. I am slightly obsessive-compulsive (my husband might argue that it's more than slightly). I feel as though it's mostly small things, and I don't think it affects me adversely. I would say my obsessive-compulsiveness ranges from useful to unobtrusive. Umm...an example: I recently realized that I MUST pepper my food before I salt it. I do not like to put the salt on first. In fact, it didn't occur to me until the other day that you could put the salt on first, when I saw B salt his food while I had the pepper. I thought to myself, 'But he hasn't peppered it yet!' Then I realized that maybe that wasn't an issue for him.
2. I never go anywhere without my camera. And extra batteries and memory cards.
3. I play the drums. Er... I am learning to play the drums. Some day I hope to be good enough that I can leave it at 'I play the drums.'
4. I am an avid reader of children's books. I'm getting my Master's in elementary education, so I like to claim it's a 'professional interest,' but to be honest with you I was crazy about kids' books long before I started in on my chosen profession.
5. I love to sing, but I have been told my whole life that I am bad at it. The only person who has ever told me that I sing well is my husband. My mom says that love must be deaf as well as blind. Ha.
6. I grew up without a TV. Now we have a TV in our house, but purely as a screen for DVDs. I never actually watch TV at home (we do, however, enjoy getting certain TV shows on Netflix).
7. Seeing as how I am currently not making oodles of money, I can't afford too many 'luxuries,' but the one that I cave into is pedicures. They are wonderful. It's so much more than polish on your toes, and if you haven't had one before, I highly recommend it.
Now I am supposed to tag people, but I think this has already been done on the blogs I read regularly. So, if you have commented on my blog at any point, and you either haven't done this before or you want to do it again, consider yourself tagged.
On a different note, if you are looking for cool, free things on the internet, you should check out the pdfs that G has for you at Doe-C-Doe.
I always make my own cards instead of buying them at the store. Sometimes this is a problem as I don't remember soon enough and I end up scrambling to make one at the last minute. Now I have my solution - G's vintage fabric cards. If I can't make my own, at least I can have a beautiful one made by another crafter!
Last Saturday I was going over to my friend's house and I had her birthday present all ready to go, but I realized I hadn't made a card yet. I was already running late, so I just cut out one of G's cards that I had printed earlier (luckily!) and I took that:
My friend M loved it! She commented on what a beautiful card it was, and asked where I had gotten it (and that's a big compliment, cause M makes some of the most beautiful hand made cards I've ever seen!).
So, if you need a birthday or thank you card...check these out!