Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fern Watercolor

Last Monday, May 21st, was my mom's birthday. We had her and my dad over for a special dinner and presents. 

My mom loves ferns, so I made some fern art for her. Remember this post with the oak leaf? I used the same coloring book and tracing method, and used another page from the same linguistics book.









Then I painted the fern in with watercolors.   






I had the book page professionally framed here (they do an amazing job!).


My mom collects different editions of Pinocchio, and when my guy and I were at Powell's last summer, he found this for her.




We wrapped her presents in kraft paper, doilies, and baker's twine.




She loved them!


3 comments:

  1. Love the fern, but your wrapping idea is just the BEST! It's classy and elegant: very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Mom!!! Thoughtful presents beautifully presented. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful presents - Love the fern art!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!