Monday, August 23, 2010

Sweater #2

You saw Sweater # 1 and Sweater # 3 in previous posts. Here, finally, is the second sweater I made. Again, it was a pull-over sweater that I had in a pile of clothes to get rid of, because I didn't ever wear it anymore.


before

I started by cutting it down the middle in front again, to make it a cardigan. Then I hand-sewed on a yellow ribbon to tie it with, and I sewed a circle pin from various fabrics and felt. In the middle of the pin is a button (that I actually received on a package from another blogger, and which you've seen before in this post!).


after

The pin is removable if I don't want to wear it, or if I want to switch it out with something else. But I have yet to do that - I absolutely love this sweater!

[As you can see, these are old photos. I know Minnesota has snow most of the year, but even we don't have it in August! It's just taken me awhile to share these with you...]

This is definitely my favorite sweater of the ones I've made, and I wear it a ton! But I have more sweaters planned, so it may have competition soon... ;)

6 comments:

  1. Oh it is gorgeous! How clever you are....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring!...lovely button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the ribbon detail! Welcome back, it's been a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the grey and yellow combination, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here I recognize the top I gave you before leaving. The one that you wear under your new fabulous sweater...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!