Friday, October 23, 2009

Etsy Favorites: While She Naps

Wow, it's been awhile! Things really picked up at work, and somehow almost a month has gone by since I last posted. How did that happen?!

I'm going to get back into the swing of things with another Friday Etsy Favorite: While She Naps. I just love her wonderful birds - they are so creative and beautiful. I bought this bird collage from her this past summer:


I love, love, love every part of it; the detail is exquisite.

I have it hanging up in my living room now, and it makes me so happy every time I look at it!

If you like it, don't forget to check out Abby's Etsy Shop, and keep up-to-date with her news (including her upcoming bird pattern book) on her blog.

At the same time that I got my bird collage, I also bought one of her pincushions. I have become obsessed with pincushions lately; you'll probably start seeing more of them showing up on my Friday Favorites! This one is so sweet - it's in a teacup and it came with the cute flower and leaf pins. Looks good with my geranium! (The photo is from August - there is snow on the ground now, and my poor geranium definitely does not look like that anymore!)

It has been snowing huge, fluffy, wet snowflakes all day today, and it's staying for the moment. I've got root veggies and squash from my winter CSA roasting in the oven, and the kettle's on for a cup of tea. It's turning into a very cosy evening! I've got lots more to share - I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Your bird is really lovely, and it looks really good on your cream wall.
    And...you've got snow - lucky you! When it snows over here (and it's so rare) I love it, and we usually get the day off work too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!