Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Card and a Winner

[This post could have easily been titled 'Ugly Photo Post.' Sorry about the quality of the pics, but bear with me.]

First of all, I made another card for the Daring Cardmakers (DCM) challenge. This week, it was called 'It's All in the Shape,' and you had to make a card that was a unique shape (as in, not a square or rectangle). Well, we went to our friends' wedding today, so I decided I would make a wedding cake-shaped card:


And actually, the stamp I used for the design on the cake looked a lot like how their cake was decorated, funnily enough. Though they had it over the whole cake, and I didn't use their colors for the card.

Ok, I know you all just want to know who the winner is. Well, I used a random number generator to decide the winner (I didn't have too many entries, but using the RNG makes me feel like the responsibility is out of my hands, and then I feel less guilty that not everyone can win...). And the RNG chose the number:

Four! Melody is the winner. Congratulations! Email me your mailing address, and I will send your magazine off to you as soon as possible. And thank you to all of you who entered.

13 comments:

  1. Love your card Katherine! So special to have a handmade wedding card :)
    I've made one too (shaped card that is) Gx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on coming up with an unusual shaped card! Congrats to Melody on winning the magazine. Boo hoo! I really wanted to win that prize!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab take on the challenge and what a pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Congratulations, Melody, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed sooo many of your posts and your giveaway boo hoo. Thats some lovely cards you made, especially the monkey one and well done on the shower . Hope your throat is better soon and thank you so much for your comment on my quilt
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Love the colour combinations. Congrats to melody.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a lovely card!...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shaped card! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you had fun with your giveaway. They are a great way to bring people out of the woodwork, meet them and get some feed back! Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!